Last revised: March 6, 2020
This Privacy Notice informs you of important information about how ComplianceAsia Consulting (together, “ComplianceAsia” “we” or “our”) process the personal data that we collect in online and offline formats through the Services.
“Personal data” means data that can be used reasonably to identify a living person, or that reasonably relates to a living person.
When we use the term “Services” we mean to refer collectively to:
- The provision of related services to our clients and prospective clients ("Client Services");
- The websites and mobile applications owned and controlled by us that link to this Privacy Notice ("Sites"); and
- Our marketing and business development activities, including events/webinars we host, social media properties we create, and emails that we send ("Marketing Activities")
This Privacy Notice covers the personal data that we collect through the provision of our Services.
How we collect and use personal data
We collect and process personal data about a number of different individuals through the provision of the Services. These individuals include our individual clients and prospective clients, their representatives, visitors to our offices, visitors to our Sites, vendors, journalists, and other individuals.
Visitors to our Sites
Certain visitors interact with the Sites in ways that lead us to gather personal data. The amount and type of data that we gather depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, if you sign up to our mailing list we collect your name, contact details, job title and company name. This is more information than we require in order to add you to our emailing list, but we collect other information about you to ensure that we do not create a duplicate record for you in our database. Visitors can always refuse to supply personal data, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site-related activities.
The legal bases we rely on to process this information is:
- To pursue our legitimate interests in developing and growing our business, operating and improving the Sites, and conducting Marketing Activities; and
- Your consent, where we make it clear to you in advance that we are relying on your consent (for example, when you sign up to our mailing list).
Additional uses of personal data
In addition to the uses described above, we may use your personal data for the following purposes. Some of these uses may, under certain circumstances be based on your consent, may be necessary to fulfil our contractual commitments to you, or are necessary to serve our legitimate interests in the following business operations:
- Operating our business, administering the Services and managing your accounts;
- Contacting you to respond to your requests or inquiries;
- Processing and completing your transactions including, as applicable, order confirmation and delivering products or services;
- Providing you with newsletters, articles, alerts and announcements, event/webinar invitations, and other information that we believe may be of interest to you;
- Providing you with marketing information, and other information that is tailored to your interests;
- Conducting research, surveys, and similar inquiries to help us understand trends and client needs;
- Analysing your interactions with us, and improving our products, services, programs, and other offerings;
- Preventing, investigating, or providing notice of fraud, unlawful or criminal activity, or unauthorised access to or use of Personal Information, our website or data systems; or to meet legal obligations; and
We may periodically send you relevant alerts and newsletters by e-mail, in the hope that the information we provide would be of interest to you. To unsubscribe, please email: email@example.com.
We also process data to assist in building relationships. This includes, name, contact information and job title and may also include education information, work history and gender. If you attend one of our events, we may also have information about your dietary requirements.
Links to Other Sites
Updates to this Privacy Notice
Although most changes are likely to be minor, ComplianceAsia may change its Privacy Notice from time to time, and at ComplianceAsia’s sole discretion. ComplianceAsia encourages visitors to frequently check this page for any changes to its Privacy Notice.
How to contact us
If you have any queries, questions or concerns about this Privacy Notice or our personal data handling practices, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.